From: gga (ggarra13_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-04-05 18:15:33

I am facing a weird crash using boost asio when the client segfaults
upon exit on the Release builds of my program after the server has
closed the connection.  The crash happens upon exit of the application
(so my guess it is probably some static destructor crashing), not at the
end of the connection to the server.  The crash does not occur on the
Debug version of my application, nor does asan report any memory
trashing.  The crash also does not happen if I don't do any network
connections in my application (boost::asio does not run any
io_services). The crash also happens on Linux only and not on Windows.

I created a relatively smaller client/server program like my executable
and there's no crash there either.

I have run out of things to try.  Can someone suggest something I can
try to see where the crash is happening?

--
Gonzalo Garramuño