From: Cho-Kuen Ng (nckwcq_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-11 20:38:46

I used to use a very old version of bjam and wanted to switch to the most
recent version 1.77. When I use the new bjam, I encounter the following
problems.

o I have 2 projects with the same id, the error message is

error: at nml/unit_test/Jamfile:1
error: Attempt to redeclare already registered project id '/test'.
error: Original project:
error: Name: Jamfile</Users/cho/work/distmesh/unit_test>
error: Module: Jamfile</Users/cho/work/distmesh/unit_test>
error: Main id: /test
error: File: distmesh/unit_test/Jamfile
error: Location: distmesh/unit_test
error: New project:
error: Module: Jamfile</Users/cho/work//nml/unit_test>
error: File: nml/unit_test/Jamfile
error: Location: nml/unit_test

After I changed the id in one project, the errors disappeared.

o I do bjam again, I have this error

/Users/cho//doc/boost/boost_1_73_0/tools/build/src/build/generators.jam:1127:
in ensure-type from module generators
error: target { PNCDF_Variable.C. } has no type

Once I changed the C extension to cpp, the error disappeared.

I don't have these problems using the old bjam. Are there syntax changes in
the Jamfile? Please help.

Thanks,
Cho