From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-22 17:29:44

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 00:50, Edward Diener via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 7/21/2020 6:31 PM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte via Boost-users wrote:
> > Hi,
> > am I correct that autolinking is not supported by Boost when using Clang
> > on Windows?
> > To be clear, I'm talking about both clang++ and clang-cl drivers.
> >
> > The behavior I observe suggests that I am correct but looking at the
> > autolink.hpp header I didn't understand how it decides if it should work
> > or not.
>
> Clang on Windows targeting vc++ supports autolink, clang on Windows
> targeting gcc doe3s not support autolink.

Thanks, though I think I already understood this if you are talking about
Clang in general (outside the specific context of compiling Boost).
My issue is in the context of using Boost: it seems that the autolink code
in Boost is not working even if I use clang++ or clang-cl targeting Windows
(using msvc's runtime, linker etc.).
I suspect that this case is not allowed by the option macros that activate
autolink on windows when msvc/cl is used.
My suspicion comes from the fact that indeed clang does have autolink
support in that situation, but it still doesn't find the libraries.

I didn't find documentation for that particular case, so I am looking for a
confirmation that Boost does not support that case.

Joël