From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-23 19:03:25

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 22:32, Edward Diener via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Thanks, though I think I already understood this if you are talking
> > about Clang in general (outside the specific context of compiling Boost).
>
> No, I am talking about clang within Boost.
>
> [...]
>
> It should be working.

Thanks for clarifying. So I am probably doing something wrong.

> What does your 'using clang-win' look like and
> what does your b2 command to invoke clang-win look like.

I'm not sure what you are asking here exactly but to clarify:
 - I'm not using b2 as the buildsystem of the project I'm working on, I'm
using build2. Autolinking works with msvc but not with clang(over msvc)
when compiling the same code, same boost headers/lib files but only the
compiler changed from msvc to clang++.
 - I did use b2 for building Boost. The toolset was msvc though, does it
have an impact on how the autolinking works in boost? This is the command
you are asking about?

> I think you
> also must have the bin directory of your appropriate LLVM release in
> your Windows PATH so that the clang binaries can be found.

Yes that's how I make clang (10) available to build2.

I will attempt a smaller repro case and report here the compiler
invocations, maybe there is a missing flag somewhere but from what I
understand the only flags related to autolinking are to deactivate them.

A. Joël Lamotte