From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-27 14:09:22

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 at 02:26, Gavin Lambert via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 24/07/2020 11:36, I wrote:
> > b2 is completely irrelevant to the question of auto-linking (unless
> > you're using it to build your app as well, but nobody ever does that).
>
> Well, "completely irrelevant" might have been a step too far.
>
> You do of course have to run b2 with compatible settings to your
> eventual usage such that it builds the libraries with the right filenames.

Indeed.
I can now confirm that at least with boost 1.73.0 autolinking works as
expected and it was built with the same arguments that I passed to b2 when
I compiled boost 1.70.0 (which does not support autolinking with clang).
So as long as I use boost > 1.70.0 it seems to work as expected.

A. Joël Lamotte