From: Peter Barker (newbarker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-10-24 15:34:26

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 at 01:46, Jeff Garland via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 1:07 PM Peter Barker via Boost-users <
> boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just upgraded to Boost 1.74 from Boost 1.71. I'm getting a warning:
>>

>> I'll have to #define BOOST_ALLOW_DEPRECATED_HEADERS I guess, but I'm
>> surprised Boost libraries are using deprecated Boost headers.
>>

> So for sure submit a github issue if there isn't one -- even better is a
> pull request with a fix. Overall when I've been looking at release
> candidates I've routinely seen many of these sort of issues -- some have
> been fixed, but not all of them.
>
> Jeff

Hi,

I'm not a github user or a Boost developer, merely a user. I thought by
raising it on the mailing list it'd be picked up by a maintainer and taken
care of. Am I mistaken? Happy to learn what is expected from users of Boost
who find issues, and whether the expectations vary depending on the Boost
library in question.

Regards,

Pete