From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-10 16:56:46

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 5:29 PM Richard Hodges via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> JWT handling seems like a natural fit within the context of Beast, and
>> although
>> this is an implementation detail, it would seem logical for decode() to
>> cope with that, no?
>>

> From your point of view as a user, yes it would seem like a natural fit.
> From our point of view as maintainers of a single-purpose library, it would

not make sense to extend our public API into general-purpose base64
> encoding/decoding at this time.

I'm not asking to make it public, just to tweak that implementation detail
it to make it more lenient :)

Happy to discuss further if you'd like.

Well, what's to discuss after the above really? I'll just use something
else.

Thanks for the quick reply Richard.

PS: I'm a fan of Richard Hipp's (of SQLite and Fossil fame) public domain C
code in general,
  so I'm adapting
https://sqlite.org/althttpd/file?ci=tip&name=althttpd.c&ln=845-889 instead.