From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-15 13:29:53

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 2:23 PM Richard Hodges via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Problem is, the HTTP client times out after 5s.
>>>

> When you say that the client times out, what exactly is timing out?
>
> A client async_read operation, async_write? Is the server simply dropping
> your connection because of inactivity?

The latter I think. The client does nothing, beside connecting. It sits
idle, waiting for WebSocket connection.
(again, the HTTP client is a WebSocket server too, using separate
io_context for both).

Here's the HTTP server log:

Connection from [::1]:59300
Error: on_read: The socket was closed due to a timeout

Where the on_read error comes after ~5s (I should put the timestamps
back...)

BTW, I tried adding get_lowest_layer(stream_) before calling
expires_never(), no change :(

PS: This is on Windows. Haven't tried this on Linux yet.