From: Child OfGod (rwmoekoe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-20 09:55:59

Thanks Niall, I tried adding this to the code:

[code]
    boost::asio::socket_base::keep_alive ka_option(true);
    socket.lowest_layer().set_option(ka_option);
[/code]

and now it sometimes can come out of the read with an exception raised,
which is good, but this happens only once in a while.

I haven't tried other ways yet such as what Richard Hodges suggested, as I
need to delve deeper into that, and Boost or linux is new to me.