From: Andreas Buykx (A.Buykx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-23 09:59:50

Hello Joaquín,

Thanks for your help. This morning it dawned on me what you meant with the remark about the destruction: I implemented all constructors as explicit default in the cpp-file but I had forgotten to do that for the destructor. Now everything runs like a breeze, except for one situation where I get an assertion:

boost::flyweights::detail::recursive_lightweight_mutex::scoped_lock::scoped_lock(boost::flyweights::detail::recursive_lightweight_mutex &): Assertion `pthread_mutex_lock(&m_)==0' failed.

This exception is raised while destroying the nested flyweight wrapper from the nesting flyweight wrapper, but only in one of my many test cases where these flyweight wrappers are used. Do you have any suggestions on why this might happen?

Regarding the use of intermodule_holder I mistook a link error for a compile error:

/opt/rh/devtoolset-6/root/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/6.3.1/ld: Test/appz/ppf/unittests/model/results/CMakeFiles/unittest_PpfModelResultUnitTest.dir/PpfResultCaseUnitTest.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'shm_unlink@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
//lib64/librt.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

All that aside: you mention that getting intermodule_holder is the preferred option, but given that it's "... intermodule_holder is considerably more onerous than static_holder in terms of compilation times and introduces a non-negligible overhead at program start-up ...", isn't wrapping the flyweight in an accessor class (especially your templated construct) at least as good an option that maybe deserves a mention in the documentation?

Thanks again for your help,
Andreas