From: Andrew Jones (andrewvaughanj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-01 12:55:25

Hi,

I just raised the following issue on the Python issue tracker:

     https://bugs.python.org/issue43351

But I'm sharing it here to widen the net ...

Basically, when moving from Python 2.7.14 to Python 3.7.5, and when
using Boost.Python (Boost version 1.6.9), I'm seeing a crash in
finalisation due to:

```
Exception ignored in: <Boost.Python.life_support object at 0x2acf473c5d10>
RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object
Fatal Python error: Cannot recover from stack overflow.
```

Everything else with the Python that's running, and the Boost.Python
interface, is consistent between 2.7.14 and 3.7.5 -- it is just the
Python version that's changing. I should say, Python 3.7.5 does
otherwise seem operable, it just falls over when running this certain
code (which just walks a linked-list of ~1400 elements via
Boost.Python).

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Does this list feel this is
more likely a Python-proper issue, or a Boost.Python issue?

Cheers,

Andrew