From: Andrea Fiorito (ing.fiorito_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-08 14:23:40

Hi, I'm trying to use MSM to implement a client server component for my
app. The client is broadcasting a msg, that servers in a local network will
detect and respond. The client at that point will connect to one of the
servers and interact following the network protocol. For the network and
threading I'm using boost ASIO.

I have 2 submachines that manage one the discovering part, and the other
the connection and dialogue with one server part. I found that would be
beneficial to run the submachines in one thread managed by an io_context,
with the idea of stopping that context to cancel all the asynchronous
operations.

Unfortunately there are some weird behaviours with submachines, and not
getting if I missed the right way of doing things or else. the description
of my last stopper is here:

https://github.com/boostorg/msm/issues/37

Is anyone able to point me on the right direction?

Regards,
Andrea