From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2021-06-01 08:18:50

From: Boost-users <boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]> On Behalf Of Mauro Ziliani via Boost-users
Sent: 31 May 2021 17:45
To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
Cc: Mauro Ziliani <mauro_at_[hidden]>
Subject: [Boost-users] WinDbgCached_exe recognize has threat by Bitdefender

Hi all.

I build boost 1.76.0 woth Visual Studio 2019.

I try to scan my pc with bitdefender (free version).

Bitdefender discover a threat in boost_1_76_0\bin.v2\stacktrace\build\msvc-142\release\address-model-32\link-static\threading-multi\WinDbgCached_exe.exe.

The threat is recognized as Gen:Variant.Fugrafa.139255

Any idea about?

I have placed my Boost stuff in a separate partition and excluded it from Bitdefender after persistent false positives like this.

You could also consider deleting some or all of /bin.v2. These files are in effect a sort-of caching zone used by b2/bjam. It will be rebuilt by running b2 – taking a bit longer to re-build. (If you run out of disk space, you may also need to do this).

Paul