From: Cristian Morales Vega (cristian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-08-24 13:43:24

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 16:42, Nils Frielinghaus via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> But one could also argue that returning EAI_SYSTEM indicates that something went wrong and that the output parameters are not to be accessed.

Sure, but... what would you do instead?
You could try to report some kind of error. But without evidence of
this being a very common issue I would not bother, at most I would put
an assertion in there... crashing anyway.
By ASIO handling this, returning a real error, it would be passing the
problem the the users of ASIO which now need to handle it. IMHO the
issue in that C library (NSS plugin?) simply needs to be fixed.