From: Stephen P. Molnar (s.molnar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-09-04 12:57:11

I have successful compiled an application on my Debian-10 platform
using boost-1-67. It is an essential part of my computations chemistry
pipe line.

Now Debian 11 has been released. I have installed it in a VM in order
to make sure that the app is compilable in Debian 11 with boost-1-74
(the Debian12 version of boost), before upgrading my Linux platform. I
installed boost in /user/ilocal.

The makefile is:

BASE=/usr/local
BOOST_VERSION=1_74_0
BOOST_INCLUDE = $(BASE)/include
C_PLATFORM= -pthread
GPP=g++
C_OPTIONS= -O3 -DNDEBUG
BOOST_LIB_VERSION=

include ../../makefile_common

The test compile went well until the link stage. The process stopped with:

g++ -pthread -ansi -Wno-long-long -O3 -DNDEBUG -I /usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib -L. -o gwovina main.o cache.o coords.o
current_weights.o everything.o grid.o szv_grid.o manifold.o model.o
gwo.o gwo_mutate.o my_pid.o naive_non_cache.o non_cache.o parallel_gwo.o
parse_pdbqt.o pdb.o quasi_newton.o quaternion.o random.o ssd.o terms.o
weighted_terms.o rotamer.o -l boost_system -l boost_thread -l
boost_program_options
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options
make: *** [../../makefile_common:34: gwovina] Error 1

Even my limited knowledge (my original programming experience was with
FORTRAN II in the early 1960's), I can see the the problem.
Unfortunately, I don't know the solution.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks om advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.