From: KL (deco33000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-01-08 20:00:02

Hi,

Using boost geometry points, I have an algorithm using a 3D multi polygon.

At the beginning the z axis is set at 0 and I use algo like correct and within. It forces me to copy all my multipolygons to the 2d space, do what I need and then reconvert back in 3D. I could as well start with in 2d,do what I need and later convert to 3d but still, it is a copy and a performance and memory loss.

Could we have a mean to avoid that? By accepting 3d components in 2d functions, disabling one axis via a strategy?
But preventing 2d components from accessing 3d functions because one slot of memory is missing.

Thanks!