From: Andreas Wehrmann (a.wehrmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-01-15 22:46:41

Am 14.01.2022 um 22:50 schrieb Alexander Carôt via Boost-users:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a problem with a a casually blocked UDP bind port: My application uses UDP port 50050 and initiates the socket this way:
>
> So I am basically using bind port 50050 and if it fails I am increasing it by one until the bind suceeds. In most cases the bind to port 50050 works fine but casually after a relaunch of the app or a crash the bind port 50050 appears to be blocked which is why it increases to higher numbers.

Hi,
be aware that UDP sockets may are opened and closed for sending a single
request only by many applications/services.
If the sending application doesn't care about the local port and leaves
it up to the OS to assign a local port number,
you may run into the situation that another application/service/daemon
is opening a UDP socket,
not caring about the local port and the OS happens to assign the port
number that you want to bind your own socket to.

All the best,
Andreas