From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-11 19:58:18

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022 at 09:50, Stephan Menzel via Boost-users
<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Great to see that Boost.GIL finally got some love.
> It appears to be in the midst of some modernization and
> overhaul which I like to see as I feel it was in a sorry state.
> Is it under new management or something?

Yes.

It has been 'taken over' around 4-5 years ago by Stefan.
I joined the efforts around 4 years ago.
We started the C++11 modernisation overhaul and new tests overhaul.
The GSoC-s brought some fresh code over last years,
and a couple of 'approved' committers too.
Lately, there have been lots of contributions from a few new
developers who joined the GIL and have greatly helped to release
lots of features and fixes with Boost 1.80
There are plans for more!

The metadata [1] contains just a formal list of so called maintainers,
but the Acknowledgements sections in the RELEASES.md [2]
give much more complete list of contributors.

[1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/meta/libraries.json
[2] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/RELEASES.md

Best regards,