From: Matt Borland (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-12-12 08:55:34

> On Dec 11, 2023, at 8:59 PM, McGrath, Justin M <jmcgrath_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Has there been any movement on having someone else maintain ODEINT? I don't know that I would be of much use, but I'm willing to help where I can.

I have not heard anything back, but Nick and I remain interested in being added as maintainers.

> There is one other issue that isn't critical, but it would save our group from having to do some hand editing of ODEINT for use with our project. Some of the paths are long enough that after they're included in our project they have nonportable lengths, requiring use to rename them. I made an issue last year: https://github.com/boostorg/odeint/issues/54.
>
> Changing the names would surely break code, and I don't know if this is a feasible change. Given that it's pretty easy for people to update include directives though, maybe it's not too intrusive. If it's a welcome change, I can submit a PR on GitHub.

You could move all the code to new headers that have a path that supports R. In the current headers remove everything, and just #include the new ones and add BOOST_HEADER_DEPRECATED(“<boost/new/header/path>") so nothing breaks.

Matt