Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Tests compilation broken (temporarily)
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-04-26 08:08:47

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>> I've added -pedantic option for GCC to Jamroot files of tests and
>> examples. This option enables stricter compilation mode and I've noticed
>> it is causing in compilation errors.
>> I believe we should keep this option and it's better fix the code than
>> removing it. The errors are not anything serious and it'll be
>> easy to fix it. I'm going to finish it tomorrow, so everything is backto
>> working state before Monday.
>

> OK for me. I've no substantial time today, will not need anything.

OK, everything is back to compilable state, tests and examples.

One question, how strict are we about warnings?
Should we take care of cleaning all warnings, some warnings?
What about intentionally unreferenced parameters like in here?

ggl/core/concepts/polygon_concept.hpp:44: warning: unused variable ?e?
ggl/core/concepts/polygon_concept.hpp:45: warning: unused variable ?ce?
ggl/core/concepts/polygon_concept.hpp:47: warning: unused variable ?i?
ggl/core/concepts/polygon_concept.hpp:48: warning: unused variable 'ci'

Personally, I prefer to fix code than silent warnings,
but what's the preference in GGL project?

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net