Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Hello + some newbie questions
From: nicolas david (ericnico.david)
Date: 2009-04-26 18:01:51

Hi!

I've seen the ggl announcement on osgeo list but I just recently have the
time to investiged it more deeply. And I come with some questions:

1) When I've read the list archive I've seen reference to some commits and
works on ggl files, like de9im_segment.cpp. But I don't find these files on
boost/sandbox or in http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/. Is there another
place for checking ggl code?

2) Working with airbone laser scanner data I'm interrested by multi_point
feature and it use with algorithms as convex_hull. What is your plan
concerning multi_point?

3)I'm also interrested by your plan for the projection part of ggl.
- Have you compare performance of ggl and proj4?
- Is there a "gridshift" implementation plan to ggl?
- What about a pj_transform algorithm on ggl ?
- Have you planned to refactore more deeply projection with meta-programming
tools ( introduce concept for datum, projection etc..) or it is just
utilities for ggl?

Best regards
Nicolas DAVID
IGN - Institut G?ographique National