Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: segment iterators
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-05-03 19:31:17

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
>> I've submitted prototype of segment_iterator to the repository. It
>> is in ggl/iterators/segment_iterator.
>
> Great! Just downloaded it and tried the testfile, seems fine to me.

Cool.
As you may have noticed, this is input iterator.
>From what I understand, it follows the initial to be able to adapt
list of points, so they can be read as segments.

Is this OK and enough? Or we need bidirectional or may be
even random iterator?
IOW, do we want to have specializations for other iterator categories?

> We should compare the speed with normal iterating.

This could be interesting, indeed.
First, I'm moving back to testing my concept of WKB IO
then I'm going to move to the benchmarking thing.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net