Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] inline keyword in class definition
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2009-05-06 06:40:47

Hi,

> Just a side note, I'm not Cygwin nor MinGW expert, but I've heard GCC does
> not optimize well on Windows. It tells me that these ports are
> not bets choices to measure performance.

I think the best choice to measure performance is to use what's used
in industry, and those two products are widely used. Besides that, GCC
doesn't optimize well on Windows regarding Windows-specific stuff
only. But the general optimizations mechanics, like inlining, remain
unchanged.

> Sure, I'm not going to remove.
> I wanted to check if we want to put must specify inline" as a guideline.

I think you could state "inline keywork is only needed on free
functions" BUT not until we've tested this assumption on several
compilers.

Regards
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net