Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] inline keyword in class definition
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-05-11 10:45:44

Hi Hartmut,

> In this case I don't understand why VC9 is slower. In my experience the
> generated code isn't worse than code generated by VC8. We did some
> measurements comparing those compilers as well. We saw a very similar
> slowdown, but only as long as _SCL_SECURE was not defined. After setting it
> to zero (i.e. disabling secure mode) the compilers have been on par. I'd
> suggest to re-check the build setting for the performance measurements.

I've rechecked it and I rebuilt the project file from scratch. Set the
_SECURE_SCL define again. Optimizing, release mode. This does not help.

Then I compiled from the commandline. This helps: I now get about the
same performance (slightly slower in some cases). So at least we know
that the compiler is OK. It is somewhere in the project file...

Anyway, it's working. Checked some things more, removed the manifest
file, changed to multithreaded (without DLL). Same effect. It might be
something in my environment, having 2005 and 2008 together, maybe the
2008 steals some settings automatically from 2005 (while in the command
line it is OK).

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net