Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Warnings!
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-06-16 11:23:11

Hi Chris,

OK, we will solve it, at least in GGL. I must admit I compile the
projections using no-unused. But for the GGL part those warnings should
be silenced.
For PROJ4, it is indeed more complicated but it is indeed important.

Thanks by the way for your valuable Spatial Index enhancements, just
glanced through them!

Regards, Barend

Chris Browet wrote:
> Unfortunately, using ggl generates dozens of warnings regarding unused
> parameters, and using projections makes it hundreds!
>
> I'd suggest to go the Qt way.
> Qt defines "#define Q_UNUSED(x) (void)x;". This (I assume) do not
> produce any code but silence the compiler.
>
> Using this mechanism, e.g., for the "dummy" parameters, would
> drastically reduce the number of warnings.
>
> I understand the projections are directly generated from the PROJ4
> code. Adding this to your templates will also greatly help maintaining
> clean builds (and would allow me to again find the relevant warnings
> in my code among the noise :-)
>
> Regards
> - Chris -

-------------------------------------