Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] plan
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-06-30 17:19:01

Hi,

The proposed plan is now:

1) publish numeric_adaptor for preview at the boost list, target: July 10
    (it resides currently in
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_adaptor)

2) publish the comparisons for preview on the osgeo.org website, target:
July 10

3) publish GGL preview5 at the boost list, target: August 25

4) then (depending on the realization) request for the Review Manager,
Review Queue, etc

About what is in preview5 / review: it could be a slimmed down version
but, as both spatial index, intersections and projections are currently
used, it migh be better to have everything we have now for review, as it
would be inconvenient to have a different part in the 'trunk' than in
the 'sandbox'.

There are some unfinished parts, currently, so we'll concentrate on
these parts and on the documentation and the examples. Some things we
planned to do might be still unfinished in august, such as harmonization
of elliptic earth models or spatial indexes, that is probably no
objection for preview. However, the step from preview 4 (last February)
to preview 5 is again a major step and it is good to get some exposure
and feedback.