Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Within polygon detection including the polygon borders
From: Ivan Marin (ispmarin)
Date: 2009-09-22 09:37:20

Hello again Barend,

<snip>

> Or maybe I can help with this routine, if possible - this also interests me
> a lot.
>

> In general, any help of experienced C++ programmers is welcome! Your
> postings already help.

>>> using
>>> the
>>> code and
>>>

>> Yes, I've just downloaded the svn version, and it's working.
>>
>> You mean the Boost.SVN version?
>>

> No, the Geodan SVN. I was able to put to work together the boost trunk and
> Geodan svn, boost 1.40 and Geodan svn, but not boost sandbox and ggl from
> Geodan or the sandbox itself. Really don't know why not, it just doesn't
> find ggl, no matter the paths for the files in /usr/include.
>

> I don't understand this completely. You can get access to Geodan SVN, but
> currently you don't have (just checked). It is username/password protected.
> So unless you're hacking, you cannot reach the trunk ;-). However, I can
> give you access if you want.

This would be interesting, I can help testing the library, at least. I have
downloaded the ggl from the boost sandbox.

> If you download it, point your makefile or IDE to that folder and it should
> be able to find it, it is header only. Or use the -I directive for gcc

This puzzles me, because I pointed correctly my makefile, and even included
the -I option, but even then in some cases was not able to find the library
correctly. This is surely my mistake, I will fix it.

If there is any references, or if I can help, please contact me.

As before, help is welcome, in the form of testing the library, just using
> it, reading/commenting documentation, writing documentation, reading code,
> writing code...
>
> Just for my interest, are you going to use it for a project or product? Or
> just evaluating it? Just interested?

I'm using now for my PhD thesis project, including it in a groundwater
simulation. As soon I have a little more time I will take a better look in
the code itself.

> Regards, Barend

Regards,

Ivan