Subject: [ggl] extensions
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-10-09 05:03:31
As a follow-up on the extension discussion.
Do you see the following things as part of the GIS extension?
- the latlong point (a geometry)
- the ggl::dms parsing utility (parses a string as "52N 4E" to a coordinate)
- the epsg coordinate system tag
- the geographic coordinate system
Probably yes to all of them. If no, please object. It will influence the
samples (sample 2 is then obsolete or get another purpose) but there are
not too much dependancies.
- the ggl::parse algorithm: probably NO, it uses a strategy depending on
coordinate system (which uses the dms strategy for latlong). At least
that is the intension, it should be revised a bit to get that further
(remove dms result hardcoded), I'll do that.
Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net