Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] maps-charts-graphs
From: fausto (f4ust0f)
Date: 2010-03-25 09:56:55

Hi Barend, thanks for your prompt reply.

If I want to verify how easy is to use boost.geometry to achieve such a
mapping between a key (e.g. country name) and an object that represents a
geometry (e.g. country bounderies or a cube) with certain attributes
(position in a 3d coordinate system, polylines, size, color, etc) which
sample or classes would you suggest I should check?

For ex. we would like to have the world map defined as a table where each
row represents a country. By parsing this table, I should be able to render
the world map with any rendering engine. Therefore the table needs to store
for each country, its polylines, its global position, etc.

An example that shows me how I can get the attributes of a country (for ex.
the list of the polylines vertices) would be really helpful.

Thanks again,
Fausto