Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Newbie question: Segment / Box intersection
From: Lionel Data (lionel.data)
Date: 2010-07-29 11:28:28

Hello GGL,

I am totally new to this library, and I thought I might give it a try for a
big project I work on. So I have been spending most of my time reading the
documentation for the last few days.
However, I have not been able to find what I was looking for, even on this
mailing list.

It seems I can't find out what is the most efficient way to perform a ray /
box intersection. I read around here that the "ray" notion was not available
yet, but I can live without it.

I've been trying some stuff intuitively, but nothing did the job. I'm not
really sure what I should use to perform this test. I see the word
"intersection" in 3 or more namespaces, but I can't find a simple way to do
this.

Some leads would be highly appreciated!

Lionel