Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] serialization and hash
From: Barend Gehrels (barend.gehrels)
Date: 2010-08-16 03:47:50

Hi again,

Richard Ulrich wrote:
> To fully use point_ll_deg with boost::serialize, std::find and
> boost::unordered_set, I have a header file with the following:
>
> Is serialization planned to be included in boost::geometry itself?

It has not been discussed until now but it is undoubtly useful. Thanks
for your code.

Yes, I think it will be there in the future, but I'm concentrating now
on other things (documentation, reversed polygons, etc) to get it
finalized for inclusion, which is more work than expected, and I can't
do it fulltime.

However, we could add it in the extension folder. I personally do not
have experience yet with Boost.Serialize, but based on your code:
- it might be better to reverse lat and lon, I think that in case we
support it, it might be a template of point<...>, storing coordinates in
0,1,2 order of course, and that is defined as lon,lat order (or it might
be forward to the Point Concept giving the same order).
- the == comparisons of doubles might fail in some cases.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net