Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] [doc] New draft of Reference based on Doxygen-to-Boostbook
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2010-09-04 08:35:49

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 11:00 +0200, Barend Gehrels wrote:
> It sounds like Doxygen to QuickBook is/has been a lot of work. If you
> have created a methodology and tool (doxygen_xml2qbk) that can help
> others with the same task I think pretty much every new boost library
> could potentially benefit. Have you considered contributing your work
> to boost by enhancing their boostbook related web pages to help others
> who face the same problems you have solved?
>
> Yes, it is possible. However it currently is a bit targeted (~5%) to
> Boost.Geometry; I've enough work on my list for the inclusion of
> Boost.Geometry, so will not explicitly working on it. But I thought
> (and think) of it too when coding it. It is currently work in progress
> and too early to submit it anyhow.

I agree with Barend.

I'd suggest we complete the RapidXML-based generator for Boost.Geometry
and then we can present it to the general public together with working
example of our docs. If the Boost folks like it, it can be contributed.

> > About the documentation in general, is there a way to use Doxygen
> > comments to link to an image?
>
> Yes, it is, and it currently is included, should have added a deeplink
> as well. Here it is.
> <http://bit.ly/dvJzzf>
>
> This is the Doxygen way, so no special things here.

Looks very good.
Perhaps we could add number + caption, so it's easy to refer to
images from text.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net