Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] [doc] New draft of Reference based on Doxygen-to-Boostbook
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2010-09-10 17:43:02

On 10/09/10 11:55, Barend Gehrels wrote:
>> So yes, we can do it like that. The only problem I have with it is if
>> there are many situations (intersection), there will be a long list of
>> complete programs there, all having the same int main() etc.
>
> To show that I uploaded the new (slightly adapted) version, e.g. here
> <http://bit.ly/apVxuV> These samples are actually just showing the same
> thing twice, but for different geometries, so do not say so much. But
> sometimes it is useful to have more than one.

Thanks!
I'll check it when I land at home (I'm replying sitting in plane to Poland).

> By the way, like cplusplus.com, they list also the output which I like.
> What is the best way to do this with QuickBook? On the Quick Start page
> I use a screendump, but that is probably not the best and most
> convenient way.

I agree. It's a good idea and it will allow users to confirm
examples quickly.

I would rather avoid screenshots because they are not convenient for
maintenance as well as screenshots usually look platform-specific.
I think we can just copy & paste output from terminals and paste
it to the documentation. I'm quite sure Quickbook provides tools to
properly format programs output e.g. using dedicated font face, etc.

Best regards

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net