Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] RE: A few Boost.Geometry questions
From: billziss (ggl)
Date: 2010-09-21 17:23:48

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:

> I'm not the best person to answer these questions, perhaps some one else
> can help?
>
> The documentation is currently under development and the semantics of the
> concepts are themselves changing or recently changed. I don't know what
> the current state is. I doubt there is support for mixed geometry, but
> you shouldn't need to make copies into new data structures. You can
> create a wrapper type that holds a reference to your class and provides
> the interface required for a given concept. This is better than
> inheriting as your code snippet proposes.

Luke, I thank you for your help and for the answers you have provided.

BTW, the reason I used the inheritance trick was to be able to simply
typecast a GeometryPath * into a _GeometryRing *, etc. I understand that
some may frown at the practice.

Anyone else that may be able to answer my previous questions?

Bill