Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] point conversion geographic <-> cartesian
From: Barend Gehrels (barend.gehrels)
Date: 2010-11-05 17:34:53

Hi Kris,

> Thanks for the reply, Barend. I followed Your advice, and looked into
> projections. Among other things, I found this:
> http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/art09.html

Yep, the basic ideas of that text are still OK but the samples (from
May'09) might be out of date.

You can find actual examples of projections in the
examples/extensions/gis/projection folder, here:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/geometry/libs/geometry/example/extensions/gis/projections/

> I can't find any description of how the parameters should be passed to
> these projections, so I need some help here.

That is right, the documentation of extensions is not as it should be.
However, we're now concentrating at other parts (and need also there
more time...).

Anyway, I hope this samples will help you with respect to
Boost.Geometry. The projection initializations strings, and projections
themselves, all taken from proj4, are documented quite well, here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/

regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net