Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Point in triangle test available?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend.gehrels)
Date: 2010-12-02 13:44:31

Hi,

> Yesterday, I tried the barycentric approach I mentioned and it seems
> to work, though not with the boundary cases. It does not use the
> within algorithm, thus may perform slightly faster. I've attached my
> version.

Thanks Mateusz!

I think we can include this in the c04_b_custom_triangle_example.

I don't think we should introduce any triangle concept or refinement in
the library at this stage. The sample sufficiently shows how things can
be specialized for triangles.

Hartmut, note that it barycentric approach is working only for Cartesian
coordinates. I mention that because you asked for point_ll_deg.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net