Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Polygon to triangles
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2011-02-07 05:46:15

Hi John,

I guess that's what is called "tesselation". We don't have such thing right
now but it would be a great addition.

This being said, to display polygons in OpenGL you're usually better off
using the stencil buffer trick. It works with concave polygons with holes.
Don't remember the details but I used to load TrueType fonts and display
characters this way with OpenGL. The technic seems to be described here:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=116971&page=2
.

Sorry for the "besides GGL" response but it's the first thing I'd try (this
way you delegate to the GPU). But this algorithm is definitely needed, I
agree.

Thanks
Bruno