Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] geometry::perimeter
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz)
Date: 2011-03-23 07:57:44

Hi,

I noticed that geometry::perimeter returns 0 for 2d boxes. Moreover it's
not implemented for higher dimensions.

This kind of function calculating hypersurface of a geometry could be
usefull. I'll implement my own for now (for boxes).

I noticed that some names in boost::geometry refer to 2d objects and
some to 3d. E.g. there is a box(3d), on the other hand there is
circle(2d) as a multi-dimensional object (more convinient is
(hyper)sphere). Area could be volume and perimeter could be surface. I
realize that, on the other hand, it's not convinient to name it this way
in 2d case but there are multidimensional objects in the library. Just a
thought.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net