Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] combine
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-04-02 07:16:27

Hi Adam,

> I see. It's ok to have them in the global namespace. Just think about
> the name as Bruno wrote.
>
> But I have another thouht. Are there many xxx_inserter functions? If
> so, maby it's good to create separate namespace e.g. insert or
> inserters and place them there:
>
> geometry::insert::intersection(...)
>
> if there will be no insert function or class in the geometry namespace
> (which is hard to predict) or
>
> geometry::inserters::intersection(...)
>
> which is in the namespace with a name which probably won't be used or
>
> geometry::inserters::intersect(...)
>
> which name is a verb.
>
> It all depends on how much time do you have preparing to the review.
> Function in the geometry namespace is either a good solution.

Thanks for your thoughts.

The make_centroid (and buffer, envelope) have been renamed to
return_centroid (etc).
The _inserter functions, because they are under discussion and not
essential, are moved now to a detail:: namespace such that we can decide
later if they are necessary, and how to expose them.
This was both done yesterday.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net