Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] tiling in 2D
From: Vishnu (vrang3)
Date: 2011-04-15 10:10:43

Is there a way to create 2D tiles and associate geometries with the tiles so
that one can determine what's in a given subset of tiles? I came across an
old post from June 2010 with a snippet of code showing how to use the R-tree
but that post also said that the R-tree implementation would be changed.

http://boost-geometry.203548.n3.nabble.com/rtree-documentation-td916296.html

Is the new space partitioning scheme intended to do this? I'd prefer to use
an interface that will be part of the next boost-geometry release rather
than the extensions.