Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] spacial index
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2011-05-02 08:46:22

Hi Adam,

Sorry for reacting a bit late on this. Actually I had troubles following
your different tests and I'm still not sure what you actually tested. To my
understanding the very first test you presented was comparing different
things (different constructs/algorithms/operations) so was not relevant,
only the subsequent ones are, right? But then a few implementation details
came into the game, like memory management and traversal method. In the end,
do we have an idea about whether or not the Boost.Variant tree VS the
dynamically polymorphic tree was a improvement? I.e. do we have a test that
really isolates this factor, without changing the other ones?

Regards
Bruno