Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: quickbook documentation for boost-geometry
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-05-10 00:09:27

Hi Vishnuu,

On 9-5-2011 5:38, Vishnu wrote:
>>> So I try to build this by running g++ and find that the header
> 'rapidxml.hpp' isn't found.
>>> Next, I download the rapidxml-1.13 from sourceforge, copy the headers into
> the folder 'doxygen_xml2qbk' and try rebuilding 'doxygen_xml2qbk'.
>
> It turns out that 'rapidxml.hpp' does exist in the boost-geometry-0.9
> distribution. However, the linker error while building the program
> 'doxygen_xml2qbk' remains.

Right. You take the right steps. However, the program must be linked to
Boost.Options, which is a non-header-only library.

The provided jamfile does that for you, and otherwise you have to do it
yourself. If using Visual Studio, there is a solution doing this.

We don't distribute the executables because... they are OS-dependant, so
I can provide one for Windows (which needs updates regularly) but not
for all imaginable Linux distributions.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net