Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] boost geometry rtree
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-07-09 11:59:15

Hi Adam,

On 9-7-2011 2:37, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:

> Yes, this is because geometry::area don't work for all types it should.

??? geometry::area works for all types.

> Try using model::point instead of model::d2::point_xy.

So it also works for point_xy. If there is something not compiling, it
is not because of the area.

> You can also try different rtree's implementation which you can find
> here: https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-branches/geometry/index.
> Interface is slightly different, e.g. elements numbers, and used
> algorithms are passed as template arguments. Just check the examples
> in geometry/index/tests.

I agree, this should be tried, but does that work for point_xy? I assume so?

> Btw, I've implemented this new interface and moved repository as
> described above. Since elements numbers are known in compile time
> boost::arrays may be used instead of std::vectors but one can't pass
> parameters to the rtree in run-time. There is new type of nodes
> implemented which the tree creation is faster for and it takes less
> memory space. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if I understand you, but I've suggested compile-time
parameters earlier and I thought it was not possible because you don't
know the depth of rtree-levels before. Or do I confuse things?

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net