Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] error when using make_envelope()
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-07-16 21:20:08

Hi Vishnu,

On 15-7-2011 23:00, Vishnu wrote:
> The code below compiles with VS2008 when I use boost-geometry-0.9
>
> // expand the box
> boost::geometry::expand(box, boost::geometry::make_envelope<Box2D>(*p)); //
> *p is a custom polygon
>
> but when I use boost-geometry distributed with boost_1_47_0, I get these
> errors
>
> error C2039: 'make_envelope' : is not a member of 'boost::geometry'
> error C2065: 'make_envelope' : undeclared identifier
> error C2275: 'Box2D' : illegal use of this type as an expression
>
> What changed between v0.9 and the version that was included in the
> boost_1_47_0 distribution with respect to the above?

make_envelope was in a late stage renamed to return_envelope, because it
was not really conform the behaviour expected from a helper function
starting with "make" (e.g. make_tuple, make_pair)

So if you replace make with return, it will compile again (the Box2D
error will vanish as well).

Sorry for the inconvience.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net