Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Re: Problems with the difference between two polygons
From: Angus Johnson (awj1958)
Date: 2011-08-08 02:57:06

On 7/08/2011 8:05 PM, Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Why should you do that? Round them and then consider them as
> duplicate? If they would be duplicate (before rounding), they would
> not be included (since this is solved).

Hi Barend.
Yes, of course you're right that fractional differences certainly aren't
duplicates. I'm sorry I implied otherwise.
Having swapped over some time ago to using integers in my Clipper
library, and now being so used to scaling fractional coordinates into
integers to manage precision, I'd made the presumption that fractional
values in these specific tests was unnecessary precision. I now accept
that some might consider otherwise. Also, I can see now that some of my
comments may have seemed critical of Ggl and Gtl, and for that I
apologize. I really do believe each library has it's strengths and
weaknesses.
Regards
Angus

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net