Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Linestring with Pointers to points
From: Bernhard (Bernhard.Schmitz)
Date: 2011-08-19 22:45:51

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to create linestrings that do
not operate on points, but on pointers to points, because in my project
there should be several linestrings operating on the same (physical) points,
due to the metadata attached to the points.

Obviously linestring<point *> does not work.
Now, I could create a second pointer class that stores a pointer to the real
point class and wraps the functions and register that class with boost
geometry, but that seems like really bad design to me (or is there some
template magic that does something like that automatically?)

Is what I am trying to achieve not possible, a bad design idea, or am I
missing something completely?

Thank you & regards,
Bernhard