Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Voronoi diagram code?
From: Anders Wallin (anders.e.e.wallin)
Date: 2011-09-03 16:18:38

Hi all,

What is the status of the voronoi diagram code described here:
http://blip.tv/boostcon/sweep-line-algorithm-for-voronoi-diagrams-of-points-line-segments-and-medial-axis-of-polygons-in-the-plane-5368229

I've been tinkering with an alternative approach (topology-based
incremental algortihm), which looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rd-u5n0pQs

I want to add line-segment and arc generators to my code, and I'm
hoping if the boost-ggl voronoi diagram code was available I could get
some help/insight on how to write the geometric predicates and
voronoi-vertex positioning functions. For point generators there's
essentially one determinant calculation that gives all the answers,
but for lines and arcs it gets (much?) more complicated!

regards,
Anders

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net