Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Voronoi diagram code?
From: Anders Wallin (anders.e.e.wallin)
Date: 2011-09-05 06:05:05

There is a recent conference paper by Held et al where floating-point
algorithms are compared to exact arithmetic/predicates, which you may
find interesting:
http://2011.cccg.ca/PDFschedule/papers/paper77.pdf

It's quite clear how to interpret the runtime results (exact
arithmetic slows down the vroni algorithm by a factor of 50-70).
However it's less clear to me how to interpret the accuracy data.

If anyone builds a set of test-cases and makes these publicly
available it would be interesting to redo these benchmarks. My code is
similar to vroni, but handles only point-generators at the moment.

Anders

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net