Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] How can I get the equivalent of GPC tristrips?
From: Wayne Wall (tww)
Date: 2011-09-24 07:09:41

I'm migrating some code that uses the Univ of Manchester GPC library to use
boost::geometry instead. So far, it's been going well. The old code makes
extensive use of the GPC "tristrip" decomposition capability, which is very
useful when exporting complex polygons to graphics file formats (such as
AutoCAD DXF) which can only handle simple convex rings. It's not clear to
me how I can decompose an arbitrarily complex polygon into a spatially
equivalent collection of convex rings using boost::geometry operations. Any
advice would be greatly appreciated.