Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] How can I get the equivalent of GPC tristrips?
From: Wayne Wall (tww)
Date: 2011-09-25 07:51:43

I did some additional research and experimentation and I don't think Luke's
suggestion to use the Boost.Polygon get_trapezoids() function is going to
work in my situation. The main problem is Boost.Polygon is integer only and
my application MUST support floating point (doubles) coordinates. I tried
scaling and translating my coordinates into (and then back out of) an
integer space, but there are unacceptable differences in the results from
get_trapezoids and the original polygon. The need for floating point is why
my original code (which is circa 1998) used GPC and that's why I'm trying to
migrate to Boost.Geometry. I'm making good progress with everything but
polygon decomposition into convex regions. (I think this is also referred
to as tessellation.)

This is a question for Berand: Is Boost.Geometry likely to support this
decomposition capability in the next year or so? If so, I can continue to
use GPC until then. Otherwise, I'll have to consider "rolling my own"
(which I would prefer to not have to do).

Thanks in advance,

Wayne